Monday, September 29, 2014

Orc Zulu Shield

This quick pen and ink sketch will be submitted to & Magazine issue 11 to go along with the theme "Humanoids" and will probably be used as filler artwork along with others. 

It struck me that orc's can not only be subterranean in nature, but also a force to be reckoned with on the rugged  savannas and prairies of an African like world setting. I thought it would be cool to draw up this Zulu like shield and decorate it with orc symbolism and feel. 

I think the brutes would be down right proud to display this spear/shield on the fringes of their borders!

What do you think?

(Click to Enlarge)

This took me about an hour and a half to sketch and ink in. I used India ink and brush for the black area that denotes the sky beyond the trees and shrubs. 

Thanks for looking and comments always welcome. 

No comments:

Post a Comment