Sunday, October 5, 2014

Auchenia work

Contract work is rolling in, and +Jeff Talanian of North Wind Adventures, publisher of the popular Astonishing Swords and Sorcerers of Hypoborea has asked me to work on several dinosaurs for an upcoming Kickstarter group of supplements. 

Here is the Auchenia, a prehistoric land grazing animal akin to the llama, with the trunk of an elephant. 

Here is the sketch I started with, and Jeff and I agreed that I didnt quite have the trunk right, so that was later changed to the inked version further on. 

(Click to Enlarge)

I went with a mostly docile animal and put the fear of something awful in him, raising his front leg up and stretching him out, going for a slight worms eye view as well. 

Here are the final inks, not sure the background turned out as well as I had initially wanted it to, but it's a go. 

(Click to Enlarge)
Final image is copyright Del Teigeler with ownership by Jeff Talanian and Northwind Adventures LLC.

There will be a total of ten or so in this dinosaur series, and I look forward to seeing the final product at the completion of the Kickstarter. 

Thanks for looking, comments always welcome. 


No comments:

Post a Comment