Monday, November 17, 2014

Random Gamers Guild Work: Dhi'Awan

I have been busy working on several projects at once, the first of which I have posted many of the illustrations I have been doing for Astonishing Swordsmen and Sorcerers of Hyperborea, that product should hit Kickstarter within the first month of 2015. The second is a monster manual entitled "Dwellers in the Dark Places" for the Random Gamers Guild and publisher Matt Hargenrader.

He has contracted me to do several of the monsters that will appear within that tome, probably due out after the first of the year. Sorry I do not have specifics as of yet. But keep checking in here for details. 

The first monster is called the Dhi'awan and I first worked up sketches of this amazing creature. 

Copyright Del Teigeler 2014.

The concept carried through to the final inked version. Matt wanted the wings to be more "bat-like" so those were changed before going into inking. 

Overall I am very pleased with the final ink version, and I equally hope that Matt is pleased with it as well. 

Copyright Del Teigeler 2014. Licensed by Matt Hargenrader.

I really worked the blacks and shadows into to the scales and the "soft" under belly of this guy. I think the contrast between the underside of the wings and the exterior of the wings are pretty good. I don't suppose I would like to run into this thing, pretty nasty. 

More to come!

Thanks for looking, comments always welcome. 


No comments:

Post a Comment