Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Random Gamers Guild Work: Zalinare

While all of these drawings have been done for weeks now, I have been trying to space out posting them so as not to inundate those who only sparsely follow my lowly blog here. +Matt Hargenrader from the tentatively named publishing group Random Gamers Guild is working on a monster book that should be showing up sometime after the first of the year. 

While I still have several illustrations to complete, I will be posting some of the ones that are done and submitted to him. 

The Zalinare is one of them. 

Copyright Del Teigeler 2014. Licenesed to Matt Hargenrader.

I went with a light flowing style for this guy, and kept the inking to a minimum which I think gives him that airy feel. These creatures live in trees and have the ability to glide from limb to limb, and I definitely wanted to represent that aspect of the creature. 

They are also semi intelligent and use tools, minor weapons and clothing. So I kept his trappings light, with just a skirt/loincloth and a bone handled dagger. 

Interesting creature, and one I particularly enjoyed drawing. 

Thanks for looking and comments always welcome. 

No comments:

Post a Comment