Monday, February 9, 2015

AS&SH: Styracosaurus

I am nearly done with all of the illustrations for +Jeff Talanian's Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea campaign setting. +Joe Salvador wrote "Forgotten Fane of the Coiled Goddess" adventure, and these will accompany that in the bestiary sections. 

For this one, I worked on the pose for quite some time. Nothing seemed right until I rose him up and turned his upper half. I really would have liked to include a saber-toothed cat attacking him, but there just wasn't room. 

Styracosaurus Dinosaur Drawing

Copyright Del Teigeler 2015. Licensed to Jeff Talanian 2015.

The drawing board has one more for this supplement, the Monkey-men! 

That should be fun. 

While I am at it, what are some of your thoughts on using dinosaurs in your campaigns? Do you use them only in certain areas? Or are they pervasive creatures that adventurers could stumble upon anywhere? Me personally, I have always wanted to run dinosaurs, but just never have. Now that I run games for my 12 and 8 year olds, perhaps now is the time. 

Thanks for looking and comments always welcome. 

No comments:

Post a Comment