Saturday, March 28, 2015

Gary con sketch pad

Sketches from my pad while I'm at Gary Con.

This guy's proportions are off, but for a quick study among a crowd not too bad I suppose. Let me know what you think. 

Barbarian by Del Teigeler, Mavfire
Copyright Del Teigeler 2015. mavfire@gmail.com
 This next one is a study of Frank Frazetta's Sketchbook. This is not a tracing, but I had the image to look at when drawing. Constantly learning to become better at my trade.

Man on Rock by Del Teigeler, Mavfire

Another anatomy study, this time no reference was used. I tried to get the same technique I used in the previous image down, and think I accomplished what I wanted to. His abdomen  looks a bit long to me, so I'll have to keep that in mind for the future.

Man Struck by Arrow by Del Teigeler, Mavfire
Copyright Del Teigeler 2015.
 Another Frazetta study. The way he shapes his figures is otherworldly. I am learning a lot with these side by side studies. Definitely not as perfect as the master, but a work in progress for sure.
Man with Knife by Del Teigeler, Mavfire

Putting the human form aside. I am really learning and working on my backgrounds, which in my mind are really lacking in depth. This happens to be a mossy branch. Again looking at the work of Frazetta and using his perceived technique. Not there yet.


Looking at the last one here, I see a silly face in the branch....hmm definitely not intentional.

Thanks for looking, comments always welcome. 

No comments:

Post a Comment