Monday, April 20, 2015

Random Gamers Guild: Greater Gha'vial

It has been another long week, and I am getting busier by the day. I am almost at my maximum capacity, and still having a ton of fun illustrating for everyone. 

Due to a lot of my work being either in progress or super secret squirrel stuff for publishers, I dont have a whole lot of fresh stuff to put up here. Never fear, I went through the archives and realized that I didn't post some of the pieces for Matt Hargenrader's Random Gamers Guild. I am not sure how I left these out of the rotation, but it happens. 

Here is the Greater Gha'vial he is a relative to the Common Gha'vial

Greater Gha'vial by Del Teigeler, Mavfire
Copyright Del Teigeler 2015. Licensed to Matt Hargenrader 2015.

I really worked on the texture of the skin of this alligator like creature. Gave him a crudimentary sword and extra armor plating, as opposed to the more common form of the species. He was a ton of fun to work on, and the detailing gave me nightmares.

Next up the undead cousin of the Greater and Common versions. 

The Skeletal Gha'vial. 

Skeletal Gha'vial by Del Teigeler, Mavfire
Copyright Del Teigeler 2015. Licensed to Matt Hargenrader 2015.

I particularly liked this one, the pose, the decrepit nature of him, and the rune clad sash over his shoulders turned out pretty well. These things guards their swap lairs, so putting him in the swamp water solved two issues. One having to work the details of skeletal feet, and two, putting him in a simple environment. 

I like the way his head is lower than his shoulders, very old feeling. 

Thanks for looking, comments always welcome. 

No comments:

Post a Comment