Friday, June 5, 2015

City on the legs of a spider

+Batro Noban requested I illustrate a city upon the legs of a spider, he wanted it mechanical, and post apocalyptic/medieval/Favela style buildings. 

I rendered a quick sketch and then started in on inks. 

On the original I had a lush area under the crawling creeping city, the commissioner wanted it to be more desert like. 

Here is the final image below. 

City on the legs of a spider by Del Teigeler, Mavfire
Copyright 2015 Del Teigeler, Licensed to Batro Noban 2015.

It was challenging to get all of the buildings crowded together, I had them going in all different directions, and even hanging from the lower part of the spider. 

For the legs I made them look futuristically-mechanical. Wires and hydraulic pistols coupled with gears and mechanisms. The city I suppose would be steam powered or some other sources that poured steam and light smoke out of the stacks that can be seen. The background was challenging, but I think I captured the feel that the commissioner wished. 

Thanks for looking, comments always welcome. 

No comments:

Post a Comment