Sunday, July 26, 2015

& Magazine: Quickling

Wow, it has been a long time since I got to work on the magazine that really launched my latest foray into the realm of fantasy illustration. I have +Bryan Fazekas to thank mostly, and hopefully he knows how much I appreciate his attention to my artwork some time ago, when he asked me to contribute. 

I simply love what & Magazine stands for, and that is why I still contribute pieces to them (us), on a somewhat quarterly basis. 

Anyway, here is one of the images that will grace the next issue, hopefully due out soon. A quickling adventurer. 
Quickling by Del Teigeler, Mavfire
Copyright Del Teigeler 2015.

For this guy I wanted to capture the feel of the old AD&D quickling, but I didnt want him to be running, as the original one was. I dont know, I guess I wanted to convey that he was fast, just by his very nature. 

I kept the overly large "elf" ears, and largish head, as well as his long feet, and lithe body. Making him an appropriate adventurer I added a kit of sword and leaf shield. 

The background was simple, just some out of focus bushed, and weeds. a simple stone ground, and the work was complete. 

Thanks for looking, comments always welcome. 


No comments:

Post a Comment