Sunday, August 23, 2015

Ice Maidens of the Frozen Horn is here!

RCPinnell also known as +Thork Hammer has published a free B/X OD&D tournament module that I have donated artwork for. You can download the adventure module here on www.dragonsfoot.org.

Direct Download

The module concerns a halfling artifact stolen by a clan of Frost Giant Women. 

Very interesting and easily adapted to any favorite gaming system. 

Here is the cover image.

Ice Maidens Cover by RC Pinnell and Del Teigeler
Copyright RC Pinnell 2015. Copyright Del Teigeler 2015.

and the original.

Giantesses at the Bridge by Del Teigeler
Copyright Del Teigeler 2015
I wanted to capture a scene in the module that brought the heroes of the story within close proximity to the Giantesses as they hacked away the only bridge between the halfling village and the mountains that they were escaping to. 

I think I could have made the giantesses a bit more large, but I still think it conveys that they are not human sized. The warrior figure shows up in the next two images as well. 

Frost Giantess by Del Teigeler
Copyright Del Teigeler 2015

For this illustration I wanted to pit our hero against the giantess. I could have done a bit better job on the background, and some of the anatomy was a bit off, but the image works. 

Here is the final interior image. 

Relic by Del Teigeler
Copyright Del Teigeler 2015

I love the contrast of this piece. The bright shining relic and the deep black background. A bit of cave interior, with our hero and the vanquished Frost Giant Maiden at his feet. 

This was fun to work on, it took me longer than I had hoped to get around to working on it, but I think the cover and the relic piece were worth the wait. Juries still out on the frost giantess image. 

Thanks goes out to RC Pinnell (Thorkhammer) for asking me to be a part of this project, and for being extremely patient.

Thanks for looking, comments always welcome.  





No comments:

Post a Comment