Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Thorkhammer Project #2

I am teaming up with R.C. Pinnell ( +Thork Hammer ) again for a B/X module. 

This has been in the works for some time, (it has been me that has slowed it down) I am responsible for the cover, for which Thork wanted to use an older & Magazine piece I did of an Oni Caravan seen here and here.

A few interiors are in progress but I wanted to showcase a few works I have completed. 

Here is a group of PC's faced off against a couple Dire Wolves. 

Dire Wolf Attack by Del Teigeler
Copyright Del Teigeler 2016.

I am particularly happy with the armor and styling of the spear wielding elf on the left. He is a bit more poised than our cowering fighter on the right. Which PC are you?

Here is a stone giantess who resides in the Oni controlled fortress. 

Stone Giantess by Del Teigeler
Copyright Del Teigeler 2016
Being that she is in the Oni controlled fort, I figured they would have it decorated in a Asian styling. The banners were an after thought but they turned out well in my opinion. I had the penciling on her done back in November, but I finally got around to inking her yesterday. Scanned her in and did the grey scaling in GIMP (as my markers mysteriously ran out of ink. Thinking of changing from Prismacolors to something else. Any suggestions from my artist friends out there?)

I am not a fan of working digitally, but I guess I dont mind the grey scaling, I just am horrible at change, and like the feel of hand drawn stuff. 

The calligraphy on the banners is real Japanese and has meaning to the adventure. First comment to figure it out will receive a hand drawn original piece from my back catalog (winner's choice from non-reserved pieces.)

This is just a teaser, and I have to get back to the drawing board. Look for a link in future blog posts for the adventure these will be published in.   

Thanks for looking comments always welcome. 

No comments:

Post a Comment